The next morning I looked at the work I did the night before, and found three glaring errors!! The horror!!! I was also a little disappointed in the color combination I used. The blue did not "pop" against the violet beads.
SO - I bit the bullet and took apart the whole thing! I replaced the violet beads with a yellow gold and paid closer attention to the pattern (NO MORE MISTAKES!!)
In the end, I think I am pleased with the result, and like this better than the original. Sometimes, you just gotta keep on trying. And also, I now have a nice pattern to make more of these bracelets.
I am not kidding myself that this design has not already been done before! It is a simple pattern that I have seen in Native American beadwork for example. However, it was a nice adventure into the unknown and a good learning experience in designing a woven bracelet on my own.
Perhaps in the future I will make something really complex and special, but this will do for now!
Happy beading - Betsy